Monday, September 5, 2011

Holiday Weekend!

Happy Labor Day! I somehow lucked out and was off yesterday and today, so I've been able to relax a little bit this holiday weekend. It's been almost a week since my last post and as of today I can now say that I have officially visited all the parks! So that's pretty exciting. I got to go to Typhoon Lagoon last week and it was a lot of fun. One of my roommates works at Blizzard Beach and they had an end of summer cast member party at Typhoon Lagoon on Thursday night for everyone who worked at Blizzard, and each cast member was allowed to bring 3 guests. It was a lot of fun and we were able to do a lot of the slides and stuff with hardly any waits since it wasn't too crowded. We even got free dinner and had our pictures taken with Minnie and Mickey! Typhoon Lagoon was really cool, but I think if I had to choose between the 2 waterparks I would say I liked Blizzard Beach more. But that's just me.



I'm still training at work and have to wear a little ribbon on my name badge that says "Earning my Ears", but hopefully I'll be able to take that off this coming week. Work isn't too bad, except this week I'm scheduled for all night shifts so I won't be getting off until 12:30am. And then the bus doesn't come till like 12:50. And then it's an hour ride back to my apartment. So that should be a lot of fun. Sometimes it feels like half my day is on a bus! But what can you do?

So the other night after work me and a roommate and a friend from church decided to head over to Magic Kingdom for a little bit. It was like 7:30 by the time we got over there and the park closed at 10, but we were able to do a few rides. And I finally did Splash Mountain! So that was exciting. I love that we can just catch a bus over to the parks whenever we feel like it and take our time. There isn't that rush of only having a certain number of days to get everything done so we're able to just do what we feel like and have fun. We have 4 months left so we have plenty of time to do everything eventually.



Today I finally made it to Animal Kingdom! None of my friends had the day off today so I just went by myself, but it was still fun. Except it was hotter than heck so I just stayed like 2 hours. But I rode Expedition Everest (twice in a row thank you very much) and it was definitely as awesome as everyone says it is. I really liked the park and loved the trees and how green it was so I for sure look forward to going back and spending more time there.
Expedition Everest!
The Tree of Life!
After Animal Kingdom I went to this special store that's only for cast members, and it was super cool! It had all sorts of stuff that was super cheap, like merchandise from the parks as well as grocery type stuff. I ended up getting 2 t-shirts and a hoodie for $25! And they had Dasani water bottles, which cost like $2.50 in the parks, for only $0.60! It made me pretty happy because I was pretty thirsty. Haha....so yeah that's about it. I think tonight I'm going to go over to Downtown Disney and check that out so that should be fun. Other than that I've just been working and hanging out. So not too bad. I've been pretty bad about taking pictures so I'm definitely going to try to take more! Because let's be honest most of you are just wanting to see the pictures and don't really care what I have to say. Haha
We had the sister missionaries over for dinner


Captain EO!


Oh and Morgan and her friend are coming to visit in December! They booked their flights and I was able to book us a room at the resort I work at for 50% off! Yeah, I'm cool like that. Hopefully our cousin can come too!

No comments:

Post a Comment