Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day Off

Well I'm off work yesterday and today and it was way nice to be able to sleep in a little bit. Last week my shifts all started at 7 or 8am, and with the buses I would usually have to leave an hour early so that put me waking up pretty early. Work has been going really good and I'll eventually get around to posting pictures of me in my costume since I know you're all dying to see it. Haha but yeah I've just been training and stuff. So far I've worked out in the dining room and in the bakery and it's all pretty easy. I love talking to the guests because there are a ton from England and I love hearing their accents!

Although I've been working a lot I've still been able to go hangout at the parks a little bit. I still haven't made it to Animal Kingdom, so that might have to wait till my next day off next week. Last week my roommates and I went  to dinner at Hollywood Studios at the Sci-Fi Drive In and it was way cool! I had heard about it before so it was fun to actually go eat there. Its like you're at a drive-in theater and you sit in cars and watch movies while you eat. The food wasn't the greatest but it was still fun.

So I was off yesterday and I decided to go to Hollywood Studios. I knew a few other people who were also off and we had talked about meeting up, but I decided to just leave early and then meet up with them later if I heard from them. So yeah, I was cool and went by myself. Haha but it was still a lot of fun and I rode a few rides and walked around a little bit. It started raining so it kind of cleared out a little bit, and I'm pretty sure I've used my umbrella here more in the past 2 weeks than I have total the 2 years that I've had it. It rains all the time!



But then a friend texted me and he was headed to Magic Kingdom so I met up with him over there, and luckily it stopped raining. So we hungout there for a few hours and did Pirates, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain. It was a lot of fun! My day off today has been less exciting. I had to get laundry done and go to Wal Mart and fun stuff like that. But I might go walk around Downtown Disney with some roommates later. So yeah that's about it for now. The rest of the week will just be more working and getting to the parks when I can. The buses here are really nice and convenient, but sometimes its just a pain having to plan out like an hour or more just to get somewhere. I feel like I spend so much time riding buses around. But luckily I still have The Cab to listen to! I get hooked on CDs for long periods of time and it's not always a good thing. I basically listened to The Script all last semester at school, Pinback and Parachute all summer, and now The Cab will be the soundtrack to my Disney World life.





No comments:

Post a Comment