Thursday, August 18, 2011

I made it!

So I'm in Orlando! It has been a crazy busy 2 days, but I'm settled in my apartment and trying not to die from the humidity. Yesterday my flight to Orlando got in about 9:20am, and I ended up meeting a girl who was sitting next to me on my flight who was also on her way to check in for the college program. We got to talking and realized she was from Gilbert too. And then I realized her mom had been my junior high PE teacher. Small world! Anyways so we got our luggage together and found the shuttle to take us to check in. It didn't take too long to check in, and when I was waiting in the last line I started talking to the girls behind me and we realized the 4 of us were roommates so that was nice to meet each other. Check in was at Vista Way apartments, but we're living in Chatham so we had to wait for a bus to take us over. So we're waiting on the sidewalk with all of our luggage and stuff and it started raining. At first it wasn't bad and I just pulled out my umbrella. But within a few minutes it was a total downpour! Luckily there was this big empty garage/storage thing (I actually have no idea what it was - but it was empty) and we ran for cover. There was probably close to 20 of us in there and we just had to wait for the next bus to come.

Eventually we made it to our apartment (which is way nice and way big) but we just had time to drop off our stuff and change into dry clothes and then we ran to catch our bus to go to casting. We ended up having to wait an hour, but we finally got to go and find out where we'll all be working. I'm going to be working at.......The Port Orleans Resort! I've never heard of it and really don't know much about it, but I'm sure it will be fun. At first I was kind of disappointed because I didn't really want to be in a resort and had been hoping for a park, but its all good. Today we had a housing meeting that lasted like 2 hours, and yeah it was as boring as it sounds. After that we finally made it to Wal-Mart so I now have food! The bus system they have for us is pretty nice because we're able to go pretty much wherever we need to and we just have to show our housing ID badge.

Tomorrow everyone has Traditions, which is like this big orientation/training meeting thats like 4 hours long. The best part about it is that this is where we will be given our official cast ID that will allow us to go into the parks! So that will be fun to finally be able to go play! My roommates all seem really nice and like a lot of fun. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet....next time for sure. That's about it for now. It still doesn't seem real but I'm hoping that will change once I finally start working. And sorry this is so long. If anybody is actually reading this I'm sure I've bored you to death, so sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment