Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Done With Training! (Finally)

So this past week hasn't been too eventful and I really don't know how much I have to say. Last week was when I was closing a lot, and it wasn't too bad. It was actually a lot easier than I expected. I didn't do a whole lot during the week besides working because I would get home at like 1:30am or so and then sleep in and go to work again. It was a weird schedule for me because I usually never sleep in that late! I finished training in all the shops on Wednesday night and I had my assessment thing. So after we finished it the lady who was doing it with me told me I could take off my "Earning my Ears" ribbon before I came to work the next day. Then Saturday night I found out I wasn't done training yet and they had me start training on register Sunday morning. I was surprised because I had been told by other College Program kids that they don't start you on register until like 3 or 4 weeks later. But yeah so I trained on cash Sunday, Monday, and then was by myself for the first time today. I was nervous going into it because everything is still kind of confusing to me, especially with the Dining Plan stuff and what not, but it wasn't too bad. I was starting to feel pretty comfortable today so that's good. Overall work is really easy and I enjoy it for the most part.

As I've been working cash the past few days I've been able to talk more with guests and what not and I've had a few comments about being from BYU. Last night I met a family from Provo so that was pretty cool. And the other day a guy asked me if I ever saw Jimmer play! I told him I had and he kept going on and on about what an amazing player he is and how they're from the same part of New York! Even in Florida people can't stop talking about Jimmer. Haha

Yesterday I hungout at Magic Kingdom for a little bit in the morning before work and it was the first time I went to a park since last Monday. My roommates and other friends I've talked to are always surprised that I'll just go to the parks by myself, but it doesn't really bother me. They're always like, "Oh I could never do that. Don't you feel awkward?" But if I have time off I don't want to just sit around my apartment being bored because I don't have someone to go to a park with me, so I'll just go by myself. And yeah, sometimes I feel a little weird and sometimes people will give me pitiful looks when I get on a ride by myself, but whatever. Haha....I want to take advantage of my time here! And I even got some pictures yesterday! And yes, I felt kind of lame asking the character attendants if they would take my picture because I was by myself, but I'm over it and glad I have the pictures! All the Halloween decorations are up now so that was fun to see. And I realized I probably won't see Magic Kingdom again not decorated because right after Halloween they decorate for Christmas, and then I go home! Crazy. I can't believe I've been here a month. It's gone by fast, but at the same time slow. I'm having fun but I never thought I would miss Provo so much.



1 comment:

  1. oh jimmer...haha! everyone STILL wears jimmer shirts up here - kinda makes me laugh but at the same time annoys me...

    ReplyDelete