Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Halloween!?

I know it's still September, but I'm celebrating a little early this year! They already started doing the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party here and me and two of my roommates went this past week. It goes like twice a week until Halloween, but we only get discounts on tickets for it for the early ones in September. If you don't know what it is, let me fill you in. Haha it's pretty much just a big Halloween party at Magic Kingdom that you can dress up in costumes for, and you have to pay for a ticket to go to it. So they close Magic Kingdom at 7pm, and then if you have a ticket to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party you have to get a wrist band in order to stay in the park. Then the park stays open till midnight and there's a special parade and fireworks show and trick-or-treating at certain places and most of the rides are open. I'm not a huge parade fan, but I have to say the "Boo To You" parade was super cool! I think one of my favorite things was they had Peter Pan and Wendy and all the Lost Boys! But then they also had a lot of other characters you don't usually see out, like all the villains and also characters from the Haunted Mansion ride. But yeah it was a good parade! The rest of the night we did a lot of trick-or-treating (and ended up with a ton of candy!), watched the Hallo-Wishes fireworks (which were also super cool!), and we were also able to ride quite a few rides - including Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Space Mountain all within like an hour of each other! I don't think I've ever done that before. Haha I love short waits.


I'm boring and don't really ever dress-up for Halloween, so for the party I just put on my tye-dye shirt and said I was a hippie! Haha but yeah it was a fun night. It just wasn't very fun getting home at 2am because of long bus waits/rides and having to wake up at 6 for work. So that was pretty much the most exciting thing I did this week. But I survived my first 50 hour work week so that's exciting! Haha it was a long week and I'm looking forward to my next paycheck for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment