Saturday, November 12, 2011

Temple Time!

It happened. I finally made it to the Orlando Temple! And I was actually able to go twice within a couple of days. Last Friday I was off work and the elders in our ward asked me if I would go with them and this guy Dave on a temple tour. I guess I should back up a little. So the elders here are super great and they have a ton of success here with the kids working in the college program. The day my roommates and I moved into our apartment we met Dave, who lives downstairs from us. We've hungout with him a lot and have gotten to know him, and he ended up getting baptized a few weeks ago! So that was exciting. And so this temple tour was for investigators and new members, and the missionaries just asked if I would go along with Dave. Of course I wanted to go because I wanted to see the temple here, and it ended up being pretty interesting and I'm glad they asked me. 


Then I was able to go back a few days later for a ward temple trip! This time I was able to go inside and it was beautiful. I'm definitely a fan of the Orlando Temple. 



(Sorry - you can blame my roommate's camera for the blurry pictures. Haha)

It was a good week and I got a lot of stuff done. It was nothing too exciting, mainly grocery shopping, laundry, returning clothes to costuming and getting clean ones, and boring stuff like that. But it was stuff that needed to be done. But staying busy makes the time go faster! A friend of mine has asked me a couple times if I'm happy being here, and I always have to think about it. But yeah, I would say I'm happy for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun and it's been a good experience. I've met a lot of people and love being able to go play at Disney World whenever I feel like it. And I've enjoyed living in Florida and actually think I really like the state. At the same time I'm just ready to go home. I just want to go back to Utah and see my family and friends! But I'm happy to be here and will try to stay busy and enjoy the next 7 weeks as much as I can!     

1 comment: