Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Wow! Thanksgiving already?! Yes indeed. So this was my first Thanksgiving away from home, and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I missed my family and wished I could be in AZ. And I'm sad I missed my dads b-day which was yesterday too. But I had a good Thanksgiving Disney style. Our celebrating started last week when housing hosted another dinner - this time Thanksgiving themed. The food was pretty good and we got some pictures with some characters!

I'm not sure who thought it would be a good idea to salute. Haha

We were making turkeys with our hands, and Minnie and Mickey did it too!

So on the real Thanksgiving I had to work from 8:30-4:30pm. And we were super busy pretty much my whole shift. I was in dining room so I pretty much just cleaned tables the entire time. And yes, it was as boring as it sounds. But people were pretty nice and there were quite a few guests who wished me a happy Thanksgiving and thanked me for working so they could enjoy the time with their families. So that was cool. A lot of my friends had a pot-luck or a meal provided if they were working, but my location was lame and didn't give us anything. Oh well. Then last night my roommates and I hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for some friends from the ward. We had 17 people here and a ton of food! We had been worrying about not having enough, but we had plenty and even had quite a bit of leftovers. Which I think I might help myself to when I'm done writing this. Haha...but it was a lot of fun. Most of us were all in the same boat with this being our first big holiday away from home so it was nice being able to get a big group together. And the missionaries did a little spiritual thought and it was really neat. Yep, that's right - we had the missionaries here. Haha I'm pretty sure the missionaries are here at least once a week, so of course they came to our dinner.


So that was my Thanksgiving. Otherwise I've just been staying busy with work and going to the parks and resorts when I have a chance. A few days ago I had the most amazing cupcake from the Contemporary Resort (yes - I went there mainly to buy a cupcake because I had heard they were delicious) but it was a pumpkin spice cupcake with caramel filling and cinnamon cream cheese frosting. So good! So that's about it. It's crazy to think November is almost over! But I'm not complaining. Morgan will be here in 3 weeks! So if you want to plan ahead - feel free to send my Christmas presents via her. Just get them to her in Provo and then she can bring them with her. If you feel so inclined. Haha....but really. Or I do accept mail. I'll give you my address if you want it! 

Well that's all I've got for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment