Sunday, October 23, 2011

What?!

It's already over halfway through October?! Crazy. My program is half over! Well it's been a pretty crazy week and a half or however long it has been since I last posted. My mom came to visit! I lucked out and was able to get 4 days off in a row, thanks to my managers and nice co-workers taking my shifts. So yeah, I was able to stay at the resort with her and we went to the parks and she came to see my apartment! We did all 4 parks in 3 days and I think we did a pretty good job of covering everything. It was super fun! And we did the Disney Dining Plan because I could get a discount on it, and it is seriously like the best deal ever. Well, if you use it the right way. But let's just say we ate really well and I'm missing it now that I'm back to taking pb&j to work. So she left on Tuesday and I've just been working. I'm kind of upset because last week and the next 2 weeks I'm scheduled to work mostly night shifts. I've usually been scheduled mornings and I like mornings a lot more. This week I have 3 days of 6:30pm-12:30am. What's up with that? Not only is it late, but only 6 hours? Come on! So yeah, I'm not getting as many hours as I was a few weeks ago. Oh well.
Magic Kingdom

Hollywood Studios

The Hoop-de-do-Revue

Port Orleans - where I work!

We ran into Mulan in China. No Morgan, I don't character hunt.

Norway
Ok so funny story. Yesterday I was off and I went to Typhoon Lagoon with some friends from work. (Which was pretty fun, especially since it was basically empty and we rode all the slides multiple times and did pretty much everything in like 2 hours.) But anyways, we're walking and there's this family walking towards us. I'm not really paying attention, but as we get closer I see that the little boy (who's probably 10 or 11) is pointing at me and then I hear him whisper to his mom, "Mom, she works at our hotel!" I was so surprised but we all kept walking obviously and I turned to look back at him and they all turned and looked at me and I just smiled and waved and the little boy got a huge smile and waved back! And then I was working this morning and the boy came up to get something and he had a huge smile again and I was like, "Hey! I saw you at Tyhpoon Lagoon yesterday didn't I?" So yeah that was pretty cool and it made my day. I like the guests for the most part. I mean some are a bit annoying and rude, but for the most part they're nice and friendly.I was disappointed when I first found out I was working at a resort, but now I've come to like it because you kind of get to know people and recognize them since most will come and eat there multiple times on their trips.

That's all I've got for now. This week I plan on checking out some of the resorts and hopefully getting to the parks a couple of times. I mean I have time to do stuff everyday since I don't work till 6:30, so I might as well. And starting today I get a 40% discount on merchandise! Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment