Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wrap Up!

Whoa! It's the end of December, and my Walt Disney World College Program is officially over! I'm in the middle of packing up my room right now and will be heading to the airport in just a few hours. Pretty crazy! It's been a busy last couple of weeks. Here's some of the highlights!

First off, Morgan, Emily, and Kenzie came to visit! It was a ton of fun and I was able to get work off and hangout with them the whole time.


Christmas came and went! Christmas was definitely strange not being at home and it was weird having to work. Fortunately I didn't have to work until 4:30 that day, so I was able to go to church in the morning. After church my roommates and I had a brunch over at our apartment and we had about 20 people or so over, including the missionaries again. It was a lot of fun and we had some great food! It was strange because it really didn't feel like Christmas, but I guess that was a good thing since that also meant I wasn't too homesick! And work wasn't too bad either, most of the guests were really nice and kept thanking us for being there and working.

I went to an Orlando Magic basketball game! I had been hoping to be able to go to one before I even got out here, but then it looked doubtful with the lockout. But fortunately for me they ended up having 3 home games before it was time for me to leave, so me and a friend from work went to the home opener this past Monday night! It was a lot of fun and we got free t-shirts! And the Magic won! Sorry, no pictures from that. Haha

I made it to the beach!!!!! Going to the beach was on my list of things I hoped to do as well, and it was also looking doubtful. Buuuut some friends from the ward decided to go to Cocoa Beach yesterday morning at 5am to see the sun rise, and since this looked like my one and only opportunity to go I took it! So yeah, it was a little hard waking up and it was freeeeezing cold outside - but it was definitely worth it.




So that's about it. No more working at Port Orleans Riverside! I can't believe I'm going home. In some ways I feel like I've been here forever, but at the same time it seems like I just got here. Even though it hasn't always been a lot of fun and at times I've wanted to just go back to school, I'm definitely glad I came. I've made some great friends and learned a lot. I know I was supposed to come out here. I've been counting down the weeks to go home ever since I first got here, but as this day has been approaching closer and closer I've realized how much I'm going to miss it. But I've had a lot of fun and I look forward to coming back again....but only to visit. Not to work. Haha so now the journey home begins! I'm so excited to spend a few days at home before driving up to Utah! And I'm soooo excited to go back to school! Well maybe not the school part, but at least back to Provo!

Peace out Orlando! 

1 comment:

  1. Kaity, LOVED this final post! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience in Florida and blogging is a great way to have "recorded and shared". Also - want to say a BIG thank you for being a fantastic cousin, (sister & friend). Because of you, the girls got to hang in Orlando and visit ALL the parks! What a way for them to end their semester! One more thing college girl....keep up the blogging....what about life in Provo??

    ReplyDelete